Bike to Work Week
This week (May 12-16, 2008) is Bike to Work Week here in Kansas. I’ve been biking to work nearly every day for the past 2 years and so it’s always fun to have a week where I see other people head off to work under their own pedal power. I’ll try to do a couple of posts this week related to bicycle commuting and some tricks I’ve found to be helpful. Whether for environmental reasons, health reasons, or just for fun, biking is a great way to get out of the house and enjoy the outdoors, so head out to the garage and pump up those tires this week and give it a shot. For those if you who commute a long distance, you can still make a difference by replacing any car trip with a bike ride.
Here are a few links to help get you started…
- If you’re paying nearly $4/gallon for gas, here is some food for thought!
- Sheldon Brown – everything you want to know about bikes online!
- Great tips on commuting from Paul Dorn
- Map My Ride – check here to find a route
For a tune up, visit:
- Sunflower Bike Shop – Lawrence, KS
- CycleWorks – Lawrence, KS
- ACME Bicycle Company – Downtown Kansas City
Also, if you have some tips to share, drop a comment below! I’m always looking for new things to try on my way to the office.